A few days ago, I wrote about how I’m heading into “maker mode” and will be quieting down here on the blog for a bit. I imagined myself disappearing and hunkering over my metaphorical potter’s wheel, but since I wrote that and have been sinking into “maker mode,” I find myself more inclined to blog and to connect…just in different ways.
To this end, on Friday, December 21 (10 a.m. Pacific), I’ll be giving an interactive web-video talk at GlobalNiche about global writing communities. No matter where you are in the world, you can log in and participate live and in person. We’ll engage for one hour, and you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions.
Some aspects of the global writing life that I’ll be exploring:
- how globalization and technology are changing the ways writers work, coexist, communicate, share, make change, create, and more
- making sense of our cultural connections in the world
- how writers whose lives/families/hearts/jobs straddle borders, time zones, and oceans can create, build, and nurture vibrant writing communities
- innovative ways writers can use social media
- #38Write (my monthly writing workshop for place-passionate culturally curious writers around the world )
The GlobalNiche community is a terrific one. So join me…join us…creative folks around the world who identify themselves as writers (fiction writers, nonfiction writers, journalists, etc.), as well as creative entrepreneurs, expats, repats, bloggers, travelers, artists, travel writers, and more.
Ooh, I’m loving “maker mode”! (now…back to my metaphorical potter’s wheel)
- To find out more about the nuts & bolts of GlobalNiche and how to access the conversation, click here.
- To view the Facebook event page, click here.