38Write—my new global writing initiative—is a series of online writing adventure workshops for place-passionate, culturally curious writers around the world. Each writing adventure focuses on one particular aspect of craft or the writing life (for example, writing kick-butt descriptions), and during each 38-hour adventure, you’ll be connecting with me and 38Write writers around the world via a Twitter hashtag. It’s new. It’s different. It’s mad fun! (For more info, click here. To sign up, click here.)
- You will become a stronger writer.
- You will be inspired and invigorated.
- You will find new stories to tell, whether you’re writing fiction or essays or poetry or memoir or ad copy.
- Storytelling connects cultures, bridges gaps, and is a common language.
- 38 hours is a short & sweet time commitment that fits into all lives/schedules. You—anyone and everyone—can do this.
- You’ve got me at the helm—an author with an MFA degree & 17 years of teaching experience. (More on me here.)
- You’ve got crazy me at the helm. Who knows what I’ll ask you to do! Mwah ha ha!
- You’ll be connecting and communicating with writers all around the world who share your passion for place & culture, no matter where you live or how far you venture from your home base.
- You’ll see things from a new perspective.
- It’s going to be mad fun!
Ready to sign up? Great. Just click on over to the Classes page.